The city of Ottawa is situated on the Ottawa River and is the capital city of Canada. This city is the political Centre of Canada. It was founded in the year 1826 and the name Ottawa was given in the Year 1855.Three Rivers merge at Ottawa, The Ottawa River, The Gatineau River and the Rideau River.
Things to do in Ottawa-
- Rideau Canal- You can enjoy Ice skating and boating here.
- Parliament Hill- Built in Neo Gothic Style, this place is home to legislature of Canada
- Byward Market
- Canadian Museum of History- Here you can explore the history of Canada
- National Gallery of Canada- This museum is an art Gallery with beautiful ark works of Canada.
- Canadian War Museum
- Rideau Hall- This is the house for Governor General.
- Canadian Museum of Nature-Built in Scottish Baronial Style, this museum is the best place for Geography lovers.
- Jacques Cartier Park- It is an awesome place to go with family and is home to Winterlude festival.
- Peace Tower- It is a bell and clock Tower at an height of 98 m
- Notre Dame Cathedral Basilica- It is an old 19th century church
- Canada Aviation and Space Museum
- National War Memorial- This is a huge arched monument designed by Vernon March.
- Rideau Falls
- Calypso Park
What to eat??
Some of the must try in Ottawa are-
- Sushi at Kinki Lounge and Kitchen
- Mac and Cheese at the Flying Banzini
- Burgers at Bite Burger House
- Deli Sandwiches at La Bottega Nicastro
- The Ultimate Caesar at The red Lion
Where to stay??
Some of the best Hotels in Ottawa are-
- The Westin Ottawa-This hotel has 2 restaurants and a Gym. This hotel is attached to convention Centre.
- Sheraton Ottawa Hotel- It has indoor pool, a fine dining and a gym.
- ARC the Hotel- It provides you with beautiful rooms, a fitness Centre and a fine dining.
- The Metcalfe Hotel- It has a relaxed atmosphere, a gym and an indoor pool.